How plan features work?
Depending on your plan you get access to more activities as well as event customizations.
What are retrospective activities and how can I use them?
Retrospective activities are flow variations on retrospective events.
If your team is on a paid plan, the facilitator can select a retrospective activity from a list of templates or create custom ones.
On free plan, only the "Start, Stop, Continue doing" activity is available.
How can I know if my team is interested in event customizations?
Event customizations have to do with options to override default behavior on planning poker, retrospective and standup meetings. The following customization are available:
Planning poker customizations:
- Set the planning poker card values, e.g. T-shirt, Powers of two, Five fingers, custom
- Allow only the planning poker initiator to close voting in Slack integration
- Modify the 3 standup questions
- Modify the timebox duration of synchronous standup (15 minutes by default)
- Modify the async standup timeout (12 hours by default)
- Enable full anonymity on retrospective notes (the name of the note author is visible by default)
- Modify the number of votes per member on the voting stage (5 votes per member by default)
- Allow votes to be fully visible on voting stage (hidden by default)
What is the monthly cycle of a plan?
A plan's starting day is that of the company account creation. For paid plans the starting day is the day that the plan was paid for. Every plan has a monthly cycle that starts counting from the starting day. For example, if an account is created on March 10th, the monthly cycle is closing on April 10th.
Any activities on the account are referring to a specific monthly cycle.
How are monthly active users calculated?
Monthly active users are registered users that have used or participated in a Team O'clock related events in your company. At the end of every monthly cycle, active users are reset.
Slack/Microsoft teams integration and users
If you are using Team O'clock directly from Slack/MSTeams, users are considered active only after voting or opting to join a standup or retrospective meeting.
My account is locked what can I do?
When an account is locked your company and team members cannot perform a Team O'clock meeting. You still have access to the administration area of Team O'clock where you can see all your data.
Why is my account locked?
An account might be locked due to two reasons:
- Limit of monthly active members is exceeded. This is caused when more people participate in Team O'clock meetings, while your account does not support them. Still, in order for account lock to take effect, Team O'clock offers a 7 days grace period where administrators of your account can take an action to prevent locking. When a limit is exceeded, all administrators are informed for the incident via email and all users can see a system message with information on the interface.
- A payment failed. This happens when our billing partner fails to charge your credit card after 3 unsuccessful retries within a week. When this happens, you will need to update your billing details with a valid credit card so that the system can retry the charge.
How can I unlock my account?
- If your account is locked due to monthly active members limit, visit the Members page in the administration area and delete team members until you reach your account's monthly active members limit (for Free plan: 5 members, for Starter plan: 20 members, for Standard plan: 50 members). However note that all data related to the deleted members will be lost. Alternatively, you can upgrade to a higher subscription plan.
- If your account is locked due to failed payment, your account will be instantly unlocked when the payment issues are resolved.
If you are an administrator, you will also receive an email with directions on unlocking your account and avoid disrupting your teams workflow.
Will my account be locked forever?
In case your account is locked due to a limit violation, it will be reset when the new monthly cycle starts. Monthly cycles reset the calendar day an account was created on Team O'clock, and NOT on the first day of the month.
How payments are carried out?
All payments are carried out via Paddle
What payment options are supported?
Paddle supports credit card payments from all major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Visa Electron, Discover, Diners Club, Maestro and JCB) and Paypal. In case you prefer a different payment method please contact us
What's the final payment after taxes?
Team O'clock pricing might have additional VAT charges depending on the country of the purchase. Countries with additional VAT charges are:
- Armenia, Australia, Bahrain, Chile, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Japan, Nigeria, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
- Canada: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Sasketchewan, Yukon
- Europe: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- United States: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Denver, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
All payments are carried out through Paddle, you can find more details about each country's VAT charges here
How billing actually works?
When a new payment is done, a billing cycle is starting for the next 30 days. For example, if a payment is carried out on March 10th, then the billing cycle ends on April 10th.
What happens if a payment fails?
Failed payments have to do with failure to charge the provided credit card. The process is as follows:
- 1st attempt to charge credit card fails
- Retry to charge credit card for the next 7 days
- In case the credit card cannot be charged, account is locked and account administrators are contacted to help in solving the issue.
In case you are facing any issue with payment failures, please contact us so that we can solve the problem as quick as possible.
How can I cancel my subscription?
If you want to cancel your subscription visit your Subscription page and downgrade to the free plan. This plan is not charging you for usage but you might still get updates when some members of your team use Team O'clock.
In case you want to delete your Team O'clock company account, you can do so by visiting your Settings page and clicking the Delete button located on the top right of the page.
How can I delete my company account?
To delete a company account you need to be an administrator.
Visit settings page and click on the Delete button on the top right corner of the page.
Deleting a company account you also delete all stored events and analytics on the company teams. This action is irreversible!
How can I purchase an annual plan?
Follow these steps to purchase an annual plan on Team O'clock:
1. Ensure administrator privileges
Team O'clock subscriptions are only managed by Team O'clock administrators. To check whether you are an administrator, login to Team O'clock and visit your dashboard. You should see a Subscription option at the header of the page. If not such an option exists, this means that you do not have the proper permissions.
To become an administrator, you may contact an existing Team O'clock administrator and ask for an upgrade. To check who are the existing administrators click Members, sort by role and locate the administrators.
Existing administrators can promote your role by clicking your user from the members list and changing the role to administrator.
2. Purchase the annual subscription
Through the subscription page, administrators can purchase the annual subscription. Click the Subscription option in the header, reveal the Annual plans from the toggle and select the appropriate annual plan.
Clicking the appropriate plan will open up a dialog with instructions on how to proceed with payment.
Can I setup a custom invoice recipient email?
Invoicing in managed by our payment partner Paddle.com, which does not support setting custom emails for receiving invoices.
It is recommended that you set up a forwarding rule in your email client, which will pass the invoices to the appropriate department (e.g. finance).